Shadows of Latin America is a sourcebook—originally planned for Shadowrun Third Edition—that describes the countries and conditions in Central and South America circa 2064. The project was originally proposed for publication in 2005, by Shadowrun Line Developer, Rob Boyle as FanPro SKU 25011, and later developed by Jong-Won Kim. The ISBN would have been 1-932564-51-9.
Can you stand the heat?
"You'll be sweating bullets if get caught in the crossfire between Amazonia and Aztlan-and you'll need that extra ammo. Latin America is no vacation spot, gringo. Even if you avoid those juggernauts, you'll still be running against Caribbean pirates, drug-dealing Ghost Cartels, Old World dictatorships and communist revolutionaries-and whatever you do, stay out of the jungle."
Shadows of Latin America explores the many countries and territories of Central and South America in the world of Shadowrun. Each profile includes details on location hot spots, government and corporate rulers, the criminal underground and religious factions. It provides extensive updates on the Awakened nations of Azlan and Amazonia, as well as a selection of paranormal flor and fauna to be found in the deep jungles.
Circa 2007 it was announced that the content would be part of the then pending (now cancelled) Holostreets website (http://www.holostreets.com/).
In 2010, after it was officially announced by Shadowrun license holder Catalyst Game Labs, that the book would not ever see an official printing, most of the authors publically released their drafts on the internet for use by fans of the game. The drafts linked below are therefore apocryphal; not official canon, and yet not simply a fan-book.
Latin America 2064Edytuj
None of the released drafts may be used for any commercial purpose without permission from the authors.
- Amazonia by Antonio Pucci & Peter Taylor (currently unreleased)
- Argentina by Peter Taylor (released draft)
- Aztlan by Jason Levine (released draft, sidebars)
- Bolivia by Jong-Won Kim (released draft)
- Caracas by Jong-Won Kim (released draft)
- Caribbean League by Jason Levine (released draft, sidebars)
- Chile by an unspecified author (currently unreleased)
- Ecuador by an unspecified author (currently unreleased)
- French Guiana by Robert Derie (aka Ancient History) (released draft)
- Panama by Jong-Won Kim (released draft)
- Peru by José Barbe & Hugo Medina (released draft)
- Uruguay (annexed by Amazonia)
- Yucatan by Peter Taylor (currently unreleased)
- Corporations in Latin America by an unspecified author
- Crime in Latin America by Jong-Won Kim (released draft)
- Wildlife of Latin America by an unspecified author
With the exception of the "Crime in Latin America" chapter, all of the released drafts were formatted and compiled into a single PDF by Franz Ernst, a German Dumpshock poster known as fexes:
- Shadows of Latin America (compiled, v1.03) (direct link to a large PDF)
Some of the art commissioned for the project was by Kenny Barral, a now deceased Spanish-Uruguayan artist, actor, and gamer. Samples were released by project-developer Jong-Won Kim in remembrance of the artist.
- Shadow Scene 1: "Customs check in Montevideo" The Salvo Palace is visible in the background.
- Shadow Scene 2: "Argentinean activist"
- Shadow Scene 4: "Jungle run"
- Bocetos Gral 4: "Bomb blast during cocktail party"
- Bocetos Gral 7: "Chilean smuggler"
- Bocetos Gral 8: "Amazonian brawl" Barral wanted to set this one in front of a colonial church.
- "Bike chase in Metropole" Note Christ the Redeemer atop the Corcovado in the background.
Franz Ernst also posted SoLA art on his fexes DeviantArt page
- SoLA Cover Design
- Latin America 2064
- Maps: Amazonia, Argentina, Aztlan, Bolivia, Caribbean League, Chile, Ecuador, Peru
Latin America 2072Edytuj
Four countries in Latin America were updated for the Sixth World Almanac by Robert Derie (aka Ancient History). He used concepts from Shadows of Latin America as inspiration for his work. When Derie withdrew his material from the Sixth World Almanac over contract disputes, he posted it on his website, The Ancient Files.
None of this material may be used for any commercial purpose without permission from the authors.
- Amazonia by Robert Derie, based in part on work by Antonio Pucci & Peter Taylor.
- Aztlan by Robert Derie, based in part on work by Jason Levine.
- Caribbean League by Robert Derie, based in part on work by Jason Levine.
- Peru by Robert Derie, based in part on work by José Fernando Barbe & Hugo Medina.
- ↑ FanPro's project description (2 May 2008) Internet Archive
- ↑ Shadows of Latin America?, Whats the story? (January–December 2010) Dumpshock forums.
- ↑ Shadows of Latin America Compiled, Links from authors (16 December 2010) Dumpshock forums.
- ↑ SoLA concept artwork, Remembering an artist (15 February 2008) Dumpshock forums.
- ↑ Unpublished drafts (31 July 2010) The Ancient Files
Powieści: Nigdy nie ufaj smokom | Wybieraj swych wrogów z rozwagą | Znajdź własną drogę | 5189 | 5199 | 5210 | 5218 | 5220 | 5302 | 5310 | 5313 | 5365 | 5367 | 5374 | 5377 | 5427 | 5445 | 5448 | 5495 | 5496 | 5537 | 5539 | 5542 | 5593 | 5628 | 5629 | 5630 | 5631 | 5674 | 5709 | 5710 | 5711 | 5712 | 5713 | 5714 | 5741 | 5742 | 5749 | 5775 | 5819 | 5839 | Private Agenda
- WizKids: Born to run | Poison Agendas | Fallen Angels | Drops of Corruption | Aftershock | A Fistful of Data
Seria 7000: Shadowrun Third Edition | 7001 | Shadowrun Gamemaster Screen | Shadowrun Quick Start Rules
Seria 7100 - Dodatki: Shadowrun: Where Man Meets Magic And Machine | 7101 | SR1 GM Screen | Sprawl Sites | Katalog Ulicznego Samuraja | Paranormal Animals of North America | The Grimoire — The Manual of Practical Thaumaturgy, 14th Edition, 2050 | Virtual Realities | Rigger Black Book | Shadowbeat | Shadowtech | Paranormal Animals of Europe | Corporate Shadowfiles | Fields of Fire | Lone Star | Prime Runners | Bug City | Corporate Security Handbook | Cybertechnology Awakenings | Threats | Portfolio of a Dragon: Dunkelzahns Secrets | Underworld Sourcebook | Cyberpirates! | Corporate Download | Man and Machine | The Year of the Comet | Threats 2
Seria 7200 - Opis Świata: Seattle Sourcebook | Native American Nations Volume One | London Sourcebook | Germany Sourcebook | Universal Brotherhood | Neo-Anarchists Guide to North America | Native American Nations Volume Two | The Neo-Anarchists Guide to Real Life | Dodatek California Free State | Tir Tairngire | Dodatek Tír na nÓg | Denver: The City of Shadows | Aztlan | Target: UCAS | Target: Smugglers Havens | New Seattle | Target: Matrix
Seria 7300 - Przygody: DNA/DOA | Mercurial | Dreamchipper | Queen Euphoria | Bottled Demon | Harlequin | Dragon Hunt | Total Eclipse | Imago | Elven Fire | Ivy & Chrome | One Stage Before | Dark Angel | A Killing Glare | Celtic Double Cross | Eye Witness | Paradise Lost | Divided Assets | Double Exposure | Harlequins Back | Running Short | Super Tuesday! | Shadows of the Underworld | Predator and Prey | Misje | Mob War | Blood in the Boardroom | Renraku Arcology: Shutdown | First Run | Corporate Punishment | Brainscan
Seria 7400: Sprawl Maps
Seria 7600: Into The Shadows
Seria 7700: High Tech and Low Life - The Art of Shadowrun
Seria 7900: Shadowrun Druga Edycja | SR2 GM Screen | The Grimoire - The Manual of Practical Thaumaturgy 15th Edition, 2053 | Virtual Realities 2.0 | Shadowrun Kompan: Poza Cieniami | Shadowrun Companion: Third Edition | Rigger 2 | Magic in the Shadows | Cannon Companion | Dodatek Matrix
Seria 10600: The Year of the Comet | Target: Awakened Lands | Threats 2 | Target: Wastelands | Wake of the Comet | Shadows of North America | Shadowrun Companion | New Seattle | Magic in the Shadows | Cannon Companion | Shadowrun Third Edition | Rigger 3 Revised | Man and Machine | State of the Art 2063 | Survival of the Fittest | Dragons of the Sixth World | Sprawl Survival Guide | The Shadowrun Character Dossier
Seria 25000: Shadows of Europe | Mr. Johnson’s Little Black Book | State of the Art: 2064 | Loose Alliance | Shadows of Asia | Shadowrun GM Screen and Critters Sourcebook | Shadows of Latin America | System Failure | Running Wild
Seria 26000: Shadowrun Fourth Edition | Shadowrun Fourth Edition Hard Cover | SR4 GM Screen | On the Run | Shockwaves | Street Magic | Runner Havens | Arsenal | Emergence | Running Wild | Augmentations | Corp Zones