Dikote(TM) is a process that deposits a thin layer of diamond particles onto a solid surface. Methane gas is mixed with hydrogen gas to create a plasma when subjected to microwave energy. This plasma is passed over an object, imparting a diamond film as the gases cool on the surface. Because of the extreme temperatures involved in the diamond coating process, only ceramics, certain metals, and certain plastics can survive the procedure.
Industrial applications of Dikote include smooth, almost-frictionless surfaces, increased structural integrity, drill bits, and semiconductors. Shadowrunners typically use Dikote to impart a stronger integrity to personal body armor and to apply an unmatched sharpness to edged weapons.
Surface Areas of Dikoted objects Edytuj
All costs for Dikote are based on 1,000¥ per 100 square centimeters
- Full Suit - 22,500 square centimeters (225,000¥) - Based on Shadowtech p 92
- Jacket - 15,000 square centimeters (150,000¥) - Based on Shadowtech p 92
- Long Coat - 27,500 square centimeters (275,000¥) - Based on Shadowtech p 92
- Katana - 750 square centimeters (7,500¥)
- Spur - 500 square centimeters (5,000¥)