Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Confederation of American States|
The Confederation of American States, abbrevated as the CAS, and sometimes referred to as the Confederated American States, is a republic in eastern North America, stretching from the Atlantic in the east to the beginning of the Sierra Madre. It shares land borders with UCAS, Pueblo, Aztlan, and South Florida.
The country has 13 states, which have a level of local autonomy according to the system of federalism. A CAS citizen may be referred simply as an American, a Confederationist, or a CASer. Calling a CAS citizen a "Confederate" (referring back to the moniker used in the American Civil War) is often considered an insult (albeit an unintended one).
After the merger of US and Canada into the UCAS in 2030, delegates from the southern states of the US/UCAS met in 2032 in Atlanta at the Secession Convention to discuss. On 10 November 2034, Alabama, Arkansas, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia seceded from the UCAS and form the Confederation of American States. The Treaty of Richmond signed by UCAS and CAS splits the state of Missouri, Virginia and the UCAS Sector of Denver in two, and merged northern counties of Oklahoma with Kansas.
In 2035, Aztlan invaded Texas. Texas seceded from the CAS after its government refused to send troops to retake lost territories. Texas returned in 2036 after failing to reconquer its lost territories.
Each state elect three senators to the CAS Senate, and one representative per 15,000 inhabitants to the CAS House of Representatives. For the Presidential Election, each state elect to the Electoral College a number of electors equal to the sum of their senators and representatives seats. In turn the Electoral College elects the President of the CAS for your years. President has a limit fo two terms, senators a limit of four terms.
Political Parties Edytuj
The four major political forces in the CAS are:
In 2024, members of the US Democratic Party walked out of the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia and formed the Southern Democratic Party. In 2034, members of the UCAS Republican Party joined the Southern Democratic Party to organize the Secession Convention.
The Southern Democrats had control of the CAS Senate from 2034 to 2040. The Southern Conservative Party broke away from the CAS Republican Party in 2038. The Democratic Reform Party splits off the Southern Democratic Party in 2040, weakening it enough to allow the Southern Conservatives to take control of the Senate until 2060. In 2060, the Republican Party and the Democratic Reform Party, two minority parties by then, united within the True American Coalition, winning the Presidential Election of 2060 and capturing the Senate.
Stosunki z innymi krajami Edytuj
- Britain (London SB, s. 41)
- Germany (Germany SB, s. 43)
- UCAS (Target:UCAS, s. 18-19)
- Aztlan (YotC, s. 130)
List of the States of the Confederation Edytuj
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
Major CAS Cities Edytuj
- St. Petersburg
- Norfolk/Newport News/Portsmouth/Virginia Beach
- New Orleans
- Little Rock
- Dallas/Ft. Worth
- Oklahoma City
- Centrala AresSpace w Houston, Texas and maintaining a major launch site in Cape Canaveral in Florida.
- Saeder-Krupp, któego centrala w Ameryce Północnej znajduje się w Charlotte.
- Renraku Computer Systems (cd.78)
- Cord Insurance
- Lone Star Security Services
- Hisato Turner Broadcasting
- United Oil Industries, Exxoco
- Większośc megakorporacji
- Primary source: Neo-Anarchist's Guide to North America, s 30-34.
- Atlanta: Neo-Anarchist's Guide to North America, s 35-46.
- Dallas/Fort Worth: Neo-Anarchist's Guide to North America, s 47-63.
- Denver sector: Denver: City of Shadows, s 102-115.
- New Orleans: Target: Smuggler Havens, s 7-29, 92-97.
- Laws regarding magic use (gm2.12).
- Mafia influence in (und 35-36).
- 2034: Formation (sr3.30)
- The End Run (tsh.87-88) and the Throat (tsh.86-87) smuggling routes pass through the CAS.
- A small gang called the Voodoo Posse claims the French Quarter of New Orleans as turf (und 105).
- New Orleans is a zone of wild magic (mits 87).
- Shadowland nodes in (at least) New Orleans, Dallas and Atlanta (tm 27).
- Azziewatch Data Haven physically located in Texas (tm 37-39).
- Ares owns Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral (yotc 14).
- Trans-Orbital launches spaceplanes from Matagorda Island, Texas (yotc 19).
- Government offers bounty on those who animate the dead (yotc 91).